Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Monday, November 9, 2009

Firewood Trip

It's that time of the year to fill the wood shed so that we can keep warm this winter. It's been a couple weeks ago but that's just what we did. We love to go up to the mountains as a family to cut and stack wood to bring home. Rowdy finds the trees and cuts them while I and sometimes the kids pack the logs and stack them in the pickup. This time Bryndi and Britton helped with the smaller logs which really helped. Never fails the biggest tree in the forest always gets Rowdy's attention and just screams to him, "CUT ME!!! I'll Keep Ya Warm." And then I usually have to grunt and groan and heave those huge logs into the pickup....NOT THIS YEAR!! Rowdy blocked this huge tree but he had to pack them to the pickup and stack them on the trailer!!

Ha, ha, ha! Love the face!!

Once he got the "huge tree" syndrom out of the way then he cut smaller ones that I was able to help him with. The kids are always so good to go do their own thing and let us get things done.

This was Bradyn's way of helping! Next time I think that is what I'm gonna do!



Britton thought he was a monkey for a little while.




Bryndi is always quick to start rounding up bark and twigs to build a fort.



And then there's Braylie....just being cute!



SO after a long day of cutting, packing, and stacking we finally had all the wood that we could fit! This is the finished product!!


No comments: