Summer is coming to an end! One more week from today the kids will be going back to school! We finished up all our school shopping today, the kids had fun picking out all their supplies and finding that "just right" backpack. It is kinda sad that another summer has come and gone, but on the other hand it will be nice to get the kids back in school. Last week was the Fremont County Fair. Bryndi did a couple of day camp classes; art and photography. She really enjoyed doing both of them. She won first place in her photography division and grand prize in her art division. I'm so proud of her for doing such a great job.
This is Bryndi with her trophy for Grand prize in art.
The other kids have been busy playing outside. Bradyn and Braylie love riding our new horse. This is the best horse we have ever owned! I love it because it don't cost anything to feed it and it is very low maintenance. It's always a fear with kids on a horse of "what might happen." Well with this one I feel pretty good about them being on him!
Britton is doing real well on his crutches. Two Mondays ago I took him in to the doctor. He got his slint off and the staples taken out of his leg, from where they did surgery. The doctor told him not to put too much weight on his leg yet and to be very careful. OH GREAT! Britton be careful! Those of you who know him, know that he is the clutziest little fella around! :) He has only fallen a couple times, and the only thing it hurt was his pride. He's doing great! Hopefully hopping around at school will be a breeze too!
So while the kids are keeping themselves busy outside, I've been doing a little bit of canning. Monday I canned potatoes and beans. They turned out great. I hope to do a couple more batches before starting into the applesauce. It's always such hard work but such a great feeling of accomplishment when all the filled bottles are sitting nicely in the pantry!
And those of you who are married to a hunter, know that hunting season is getting closer. If you were my neighbor you'd be sure to hear the random bugle of an elk occasionally, which is really just Rowdy out practicing his elk call on his bugle. And of course it's time to get the bow out and practice shooting, which I enjoy doing with him. I'm not good.....AT ALL, sometimes even a little scary, but it's a fun way to spend an hour with my hubby! This weekend it's up to the mountains we go, with his tree stand in tow. It's time to put his stand in the "perfect" tree so he can get that "perfect" shot! Rowdy, the kids, and I went up to Kilgore with Dad last Sunday to help him put his tree stand up. It was pleasant being out in Kilgore again. So good luck to all the hunters out there!







4 comments:
Wow- you've had a busy week. Your kids are adorable and good job Bryndi! So tell me what you use canned potatoes for? I didn't grow up in a canning family so I'm not an expert at these things. So let me know what I don't and share some info- THANKS!
It's hard to believe that its school time again. I'm sure the kids are excited. I hope Britton does okay, Congrats on your 4H stuff Bryndi. You did awesome. And way to fill those bottles. I'm proud of you too Jamie. Love the new horse also. Keep up the good work Rigby Fam.
That is a fun hobby to spend time with your husband! It is always fun spending time together! Bryndi, that is awesome about your 4H projects! What a great accomplishment~! Don't you love canning? i love it too when the bottles get all full for yet another year!
Nice horse!! That is too funny Congrats Bryndi on your winnings! Pretty cool!!
Post a Comment