Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

School Has Started

Well the kids had their first day of school last Thursday. They were so excited and so anxious to put on their new clothes and use their new supplies! I drove the kids to school their first morning. I wanted to be there to help Bradyn on her first day of Kindergarten. She is such a brave little girl. She put all her supplies away and then went and found her name on the table that her teacher wanted her to sit. She just sat there with this little grin on her face, happy to finally be at school, among others just her age! Of course Bryndi and Britton are pros at this first day of school thing now. I went down to the 3rd grade room to make sure that Britton was getting settled in. He was standing in the middle of this group of kids explaining to them why he was on crutches.....and loving all the attention! :) So my last stop was the 4th grade, where Bryndi was busy filling her desk with all her new supplies. They were off to a good start! Mom on the other hand tried so hard to just be a big girl and not cry. But it didn't happen! As soon as I started home the tears started rolling! It's so fun to see your kids grow and learn and experience new things, but it's also so hard because you have no control over them growing up! Braylie on the other hand, I really thought she was going to have a hard time being all alone at home with mom. NOT TRUE!! She enjoys being an only child. She has all the freedom in the world to play with whatever she wants to play with and do as she pleases. We just have to make sure that the toys are all put in their proper places before the other kids get home though!

Here are the kids on their first day of school.


Bryndi-4th grade and loves Idaho history already!


Britton-3rd grade and loves playing with his buddies during recess!


Bradyn-Kindergarten and she listed a bunch of things she likes, but she really likes snack time the most!


And Braylie- Loves being the only child for a few hours everyday!


Over these last couple weeks, we have had the chance to capture some milk weed caterpillars(thanks Kade) and watch them go through the cycle of changing into beautiful monarch butterflies, as some of you have also done. It's amazing how beautiful these butterflies are!







6 comments:

johnandjana said...

I am so glad that you are normal and cry when you take your kids to school on the first day. It's hard to watch them grow up. The butterflies are really awesome.

Beth Winegar said...

Your kids are beautiful! I'm glad they did so good the first day. I'm also glad that I wasn't the only one crying on the way home. How traumatic as a mom!!

Sanders Clan said...

You are such a sweet mom! I love to read your posts! I am glad that school was a hit for your kids! I wonder if the first day of school will ever get easier for us Moms? I cry every year and Kailee is in 6th grade:) I hate it, it is tough. Awesome butterflys too!!

Jensen Memories said...

I love to see pictures of your kids. They always make me laugh. I am sure you were not the only one crying on that day. I love the pic at the top. Glad to see Britton is still his funny self!!

Sid and Kelli said...

They do grow so fast and you hate to see them do that but it is life and I guess as we tell our kids- Life isn't Fair!

Lacey and Zach said...

WOW! School already!! I'm so glad I still have two more years before I have to send Karter. They all looked pretty dang cute for school! I hope those tears were tears of joy by the way!!!