Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Monday, March 16, 2009

Future State Champion






This last Friday Britton had a wrestling tournament at the High School. I never watched much of wrestling when I was in High School, so I don't really know how it all works, but it was so fun to go and watch Britton and his friends wrestle. There ended up being quite a few kids who participated in this wrestling program, which is great fundraiser for the High School wrestlers. Britton was beyond excited. He participated last year for the first time, but he was pretty timid and not quite knowing what to do. Not so much this year. He couldn't wait to get out there and show us what he'd been learning these last two weeks. They wrestle boys who are within their weight zone....so that put Britton wrestling one kindergartner and two 1st graders. Those little boys, even though they're younger than Britton gave him a run for his money! Needless to say Britton won all three matches. Maybe he will gain a little weight before next year! :) When they were all done with their matches, they received wrestling medals. Britton was ecstatic and can't wait for next year.








7 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Good job, Britton! You may be small, but you have a lot of energy! Conner thinks you are GREAT!

Sid and Kelli said...

Way to go future State Champion. There are some advantages to being closer to the ground in heigth!!Good Job on winning

Lacey and Zach said...

Yeah Mort!!! I knew you were a crazy little monster!! Good job buddy we are very proud of you! Now you need to wrestle Karter and teach him a few moves!

Mindy said...

Hey Jaime, I am good just hanging out and working like always! LOL Yes it was a really good time having the family all together again. The last time was not as fun being that it was at my Grandpa's funeral so this time was much better and I think we all had a really good time! Tell Britton way to go in wrestling! I love watching those little kids wrestle its pretty funny! How are you guys doing?

johnandjana said...

It was a fun little wrestling tournament and they all did really well. Congrats Britton on winning all of your matches. Your'e a great wrestler!

Sanders Clan said...

Sounds like you have quite the little wrestler on your hands! I think he is adorable. Keep up the good work Britton!

Jensen Memories said...

Thanks so much for helping my mom the other day. I am so glad that you two are becoming so close.