Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Tree Fun






Wow!!! Look at all those potential christmas trees!! After our big Thanksgiving feast out to Dads' we all load up in as few as possible vehicles and make our journey to Kilgore. It was a beautiful day to be in Kilgore. Once we reached our destination we all scattered, searching for that perfect christmas tree, or what might be close to perfect. You never know what they're gonna look like once you get them in the house. Every year we get one big tree for our living room and then we let the kids pick a smaller tree to put in our family room, that is their tree to decorate and they love it. Mom loves it too, because then I can have my own to decorate. Rowdy is in charge of lights, which he never ever complains about doing! :) He always does such a nice job. This year our big christmas tree is REALLY BIG. While Rowdy was hauling it to the pickup, after cutting it down, the kids and I found a smaller cute one for them. So I decided to take the saw and cut it down. An hour later, HaHa, felt like it, I finally accomplished my goal. Britton picked it up and away he went down the hill to the pickup. I got pictures of Rowdy and Dad mid way through cutting down trees. Notice the unhappy faces!! After cutting down the HUGE tree that I cut down, I know why I got the looks I did!! That is hard work, and their trees were alot bigger. We really had a fun time. I love being with all my family. We have fun laughing at one another. I can't wait to see everyone's trees all decorated!!





Speaking of decorating! Remember I said, our tree is really big this year. I have a lot more tree than I do decorations. I'm going to have to find some more decorations! The kids enjoyed decorating their cute little tree. My slide show shows our adventure of getting our trees and the fun we had.

4 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Cute trees! I love to see everyone's decorated trees! Christmas trees just bring an extra "warmth" in your home around the holidays!

The Harmons said...

Pretty tree... I will have to check out those links you sent me. I have wanted to do a blog for awhile but just never got around to it.

Sanders Clan said...

I think it is awesome that you guys go get trees every year. I am always stuck with the good old fake ones:) I guess at least it is a tree though. You did great on the decorations, I think it looks good.

johnandjana said...

Jamie,
What a fun tradition! Your trees are awesome and they are decorated really cute. Your Dad is a good guy to take you for trees every year.