Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Cards, Parties, & Volcanoes

Okay, so I'm getting lazy in my older years. We usually have our family picture taken by this time of the year and then send our adorable:) little faces in cards to our family and friends!! Well not so this year! It's coming via email or blog! It's probably not as fun as getting that cute family staring at you inside a Christmas card through the mail, but that's just how it has to be this year. Next year I'll do better, maybe, this is actually alot easier.


We've already had a couple Christmas parties last week and a couple more this week. Our ward Christmas party is this Friday. It sounds like it's going to be alot of fun. My kids all have their two-page lists for Santa, so they're anticipating their visit with Santa this weekend. Then on Saturday night we have the BIG Orr Christmas Party, which is always fun and interesting to see everyone. There's getting to be so many little kids and babies that I never know who belongs to who anymore! It's always a great time with lots of laughs, and even better, lots of good food!!


Last Friday Bryndi had to make a volcano out of clay and take it to school to put on display for this week. Her teacher, Mrs. Angell, sent home a recipe for making the clay to use to build this volcano. I'd never made play dough before so I was a bit nervous because very seldom do new things turn out when I try to make them. Needless to say the clay turned out okay, and I added just a bit of cocoa to turn it to a dirt brown color, it also made it smell yummy!! When Bryndi got home Thursday afternoon we got busy on her project. It turned out to be pretty cute. Bryndi is so creative and did a real good job! I always enjoy doing these projects with my kids. Kids always see things so different and quite often more creative. This Friday they get to erupt them.

2 comments:

Sid and Kelli said...

cute pics of the kids. I think you are smarter doing it this way- you save money on the pics, ink, envelope, and stamp! Smart.

Brett and Tiffany said...

Wow! That is a great volcano! What talent...you guys are awesome! I can't wait to see you at the ward party and Orr party!