Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Things We Do

I'm crazy but I enjoy going hunting with Rowdy and whoever else wants to go. As I was growing up I'd get to tag along with Mom and Dad. I loved it right from the first time I went. Some of my most memorable childhood memories were of the times I was hunting with Ma and Pa and how much fun we'd have with eachother. I guess the reason I enjoy hunting so much is not so much the "hunt" itself but I love the outdoors and the animals. It's amazing just how close you can get to an upset elk or a scavaging black bear. Rowdy and I were fortunate enough to go archery hunting (hunting with a bow) a few times this year. He was able to call a couple real nice bull elk into us, and when I say, "into us", I mean 20 yards, standing in front of us, and ususally ready to fight!! You all need to have an expirience like that. You instantly gain a whole new respect for those big beautiful animals. Needless to say, Rowdy failed to get an elk this year. But I drew on a special elk hunt which opened last Saturday. We went up Saturday and had no luck. Yesterday the weather was terrible, and we knew it was snowing up high in the mountains, so guess what???? The Rigby's and Dad went hunting!!! Oh fun fun!! It looked like December!! There was 8 inches of heavy wet snow, and it was still falling at times. We made a little loop through the trees, seeing nothing but white untouched snow. By the time we made it back to the suburban we were pretty tired. That's when I said, "The things we do!!" But it was a good time!






6 comments:

Brett and Tiffany said...

Awesome Jame! You are a true woman! I ho[e you get your elk! You are one "hot mama" in camo!

johnandjana said...

Jamie,
You look so much like your Mom in that picture. Who's that 3rd ugly one? Ha Ha! Keep up those traditions no matter what. I'm sure your Dad loves you hunting with him and what a beautiful snowy day.

Lacey and Zach said...

Those are really good pictures of you guys! you should have found you a christmas tree while you were there in all that snow!!!

Sanders Clan said...

Hey Rigby bunch,
Thanks for chasing us down and leaving us a message! It is so neat to be able to keep up with friends. Your kids have grown alot, and how cute they are! I love your blog, you did a great job! Take care and hope to see you around:)
Vicki

Jensen Memories said...

Jamie-I am so glag your ar a part of the blogging world. I must warn you it is very addicting. Come over to our blog and check it out, the address is
http://jensenstreo45.blogspot.com/
I love the pictures. What a beautiful family you have.

Millertime Madness said...

Cute! I love your family picture! It is been so fun to get to know you better... what would we all do without BONKO!! ha ha! Send me your email address so I can invite you to my blog! :) jenmiller@fairpoint.net