Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Picture slideshow customized with Smilebox

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"Load up kids, let's go find a deer!"

(I didn't take this pic)
I love this time of year. Not just because of the gorgeous colors and the amazing smells that come with fall and harvest, but because it's deer season!! We have always enjoyed going deer hunting, but now it's even better because the kids love going too! "Load up kids, let's go find a deer!" That's all we have to say and they are in the pickup with goodies in hand, all anxious to find a deer. We went out to our favorite little place and Rowdy went out for a walk while I stayed at the pickup with the kids. But the kids didn't mind, nor did I. They had a great time running and playing on the sands and I had a great time taking pics of them.
The kids loved running and jumping off the sands.

We love this picture because Bryndi jumped so high and it looks so funny!

While the kids and I were messing around, Rowdy was on hot pursuit of buck! He ended up shooting it and the kids were so excited to go see dad's deer. So we made our way out through the sagebrush and found Rowdy and his buck.

Way to go Rowdy!!
Future hunters!
It was so pretty out on the desert that night. I had to take a couple more pics.

4 comments:

johnandjana said...

Great pictures! Way to go Rowdy! David shot one yesterday too and he was so excited. It was his first ever. That is so fun that the whole family goes deer hunting. About that fish video-I don't even know what it looks like. Probably pretty crazy though.

Sid and Kelli said...

Just wait til your kids are in their teens and mom has a whole freezer packed with 5 extra deers plus yours and rowdy's! I love it!

Brett and Tiffany said...

Holy cow! He gets a deer fast! Maybe he should give Brett a few pointers!

Hailee said...

I just love it jamie, how fun is that! And nice work Rowdy, man if trav could do it that fast i would approve more of this hunting stuff:) What a fun family tradition!