7 months ago
Monday, September 21, 2009
HANK THE COW DOG
Ok those of you that know us, know that the last thing the Rigby's need is another animal......but too late! Last week we adopted this cute little Australian shepherd pup from my brother in-law, thanks Kody and Shanda!! We named this cute little guy Hank, as in Hank the cow dog (like the book). He is super cute and so much fun and even a little bit special. And what I mean when I say special is that he has some special needs. He only has one eye because the other eye never developed. And the little fella can't hear a single thing, yep he's totally deaf! Which is why we love him so much. Britton is so excited that Hank can't hear because he just happens to know some sign language! That trusty little scout book of his just happens have the alphabet and other sign language in it. So that first night we had him Britton pulls out the scout book and starts trying to show Hank how to sign his name. Gotta love the innocense of kids! We are trying to teach him different hand signals and it's coming along. We just have to remember to be on his good side so he can see us, otherwise he runs right past us! It's kind of fun because he sleeps really hard. I can vacuum around him or the kids can scream and fight all they want and little Hank is oblivious to the world. It's great! He sleeps in the house at night, right by my bed....he loves his new mommy! I've been trying to upload a pic of Hank for a couple days now and I keep getting a message that says that internet explorer has caused an error and has to close. So I will try to get this problem solved and post a pic of Hank as soon as I can. Darn computers anyway!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh I wanna cuddle Hank! I seen his pic on facebook. What a cute dog. I hope he doesn't learn how to chase cars. That could be scary!!
He was a lot of fun to play with and such a cute dog too! I think you have quite a cub scout on your hands there too! I guess your other dogs will just have to be the watch dogs since Hank can't hear anyone coming!! Maybe when they get close enough he could lick them to death
Post a Comment