What an awesome day it has been today! It feels as if spring has finally arrived. The kids and I decided that outside was definately the place to be. Over the last few days we have been burning ditches, pulling out unwanted ugly bushes and many other jobs that have to be done in the spring time. Today was the day to start prepping the garden area. We decided that this year we are going to really fertilize it good, since last year our garden was a bit sad. So we went to our local manure company to see how they could help us.
The proud owners of this fine company.....
Gus and Annie.
They are able to supply us with all the manure we want! So wagon full after wagon full we were able to get a pretty good start on the garden prep. Bryndi and Braylie were great helpers.
When we got done hauling manure to the garden the kids decided to feed the "Ladies", who are our eight hens, some bread. The "Ladies" love it when they get bread.
Maddi decided she was gonna do tricks for some bread.And it worked! We had a great afternoon even if it did start out a bit poopy!






4 comments:
Love it- there is nothing like having your perfume smell like manure! I think it is a scentsy candle at my house- uugh! I love the "ladies' and all the cute pictures- Your puppy maddie is such a sweetheart!
Okay, to be honest, I pulled a face when I saw all of that manure in the wagon...even though it's totally normal! You are such a great mom...what good kids to help so well! I love this nice weather too!
Jamie, i just love your family you guys are so cute. Trav and i need to start roundin up some poop as well it makes great potatoes!! Love the puppie so cute, good kids!!
I thought I smelled a funny smell down your way. Ha Ha! Now I know who has been in the poop. Make sure and til it up really good because it will burn some of your stuff by putting it on in the spring. I know from experience. It's better to do in the Fall.
Post a Comment